Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You

Waiter...?

I am the person greeting you at the door, or taking your reservation on the phone. I am the person whom makes your drinks, and helps you choose a great meal for the Chef to prepare. I am the person that serves your food in a timely manner, and adds your bill at the end of the evening. Most importantly, my friends - I AM YOUR LAST LINE OF DEFENCE FOR THE FOOD AND DRINK WHICH ARRIVES AT YOUR TABLE. Think about it...

Yes...perhaps its my over-inflated sense of responsibility, but I firmly believe that I am your personal tour guide of all things culinary! Well - it's not as if I actually prepare the food, but I help you along your food and wine journey while at the restaurant. For that reason alone, I think I deserve a modicum of respect. I am a Server, not a Servant. There is a difference!

Advice for the day:

Remember my friends, I am your guide...your link to the kitchen...you know...where YOUR FOOD IS PREPARED.

I'm sure Confucious would say "Don't Bite The Hand That Feeds You."

No comments:

Post a Comment